Your bargaining committee reconvened with CONIFER on July 23rd in Prince George. Regrettably CONIFER representatives returned to the table unwilling to bargain.
Attempting to build momentum your committee focused on straight forward proposals. Unfortunately, our attempt was rejected.
After a number of days of bargaining, it is apparent that CONIFER remains more focused on concessions than bargaining a fair contract!
It is time for USW members to stand together, give your bargaining committee a strike mandate.
USW Local 2017 officers and staff will be setting up strike votes at the following locations:
• Canfor Divisions: Isle Pierre, Fort St. John, Houston, PG Sawmills
• Conifex Divisions: Fort St. James, Mackenzie
• Tolko Divisions: Lakeview, Soda Creek, Questwood
• Hampton Affiliates (Babine)
• Dunkley Lumber
• West Fraser Williams Lake Planer
• Lakelands Mills