Forestry Bargaining Update #6
Sep 19, 2018
CONIFER CONTINUES TO DEMAND CONCESSIONS!
Your bargaining committee spent September 17th and 18th continuing to use a common sense approach in an attempt to avoid a strike. What is truly concerning is Conifer’s unwavering position that their concessionary agenda MUST be addressed.
The CONIFER CONCESSION AGENDA
- SIX YEAR CONTRACT
- Pathetic wage increases and even lower wage increase for groups 1-4
|1-4: 1% 5-28: 1.5%
- New Hire rate starting at 85% of job rate
- Language that forces workers on alternate shifts to work their statutory holidays for straight time
- Double the probation period for new employees
- Refusing to allow members to have Union representation for meetings that could lead to discipline
- COST SHIFT BENEFIT COSTS TO WORKERS!
- Increase Members’ Out of Pocket Maximum 500%
- Increase Benefits Deductible from $75 to $125
- CAP Dental plans A & B at $2,500.00
Instead of continuing the bargaining process, Conifer showed up on September 19th and served your bargaining committee with notice under section 74 of the Labour Code (Mediator Appointment).
The committee will begin the Labour Board Mediation Process on Monday September 24.